Sunday, May 2, 2021

The faceless

 I am the faceless. When I look out I see I have arms and hands in front of me. But I have no face. To see my face I have to look in the mirror. Or see the face of another. But when I see the face of another it isn’t always that simple. Sometimes the other simply sees themselves in me. I am not even there because I do not have a face.

Sometimes I see myself in the other. They are not there because they do not have a face. So what is the nature of the mirror? Something much more than a simple reflection to see your own face the same way every time. In fact, that is probably the only thing it cannot do is show you the same thing every time. And yet the mirror never changes it is always there waiting for you.

What a mystery. I am the faceless face.

No Other

The greatest gift of all is to see oneself in another (or see others in yourself). Or fact in reality it is to have no other. What a joy. Bu...